Make your own free website on

Llandrindod Wells F.C - The Spa

Hay st Marys vs Llandrindod Wells
Message Board
Guest Book
Coaching Staff
The Senior Squad
Fixtures & Results
League Standings
Match Reports
Match Photos
Scoring Charts
Profile Of The Week
Youth Team
The Facilities
Backroom Staff
Archived Weekly Profiles
Our Favourite Links
Show us where you are


Saturday 14th January 2006
Hay st Marys 0 - 3 Llandrindod Wells
Goal Scorers :- Phil Parry x2, Paul Watson
The game kicked off with Llandrindod Wells playing down the slope and, after only 3 minutes, they opened the scoring. Patient build-up ended with Mike Tovey spotting Phil Parry's run and a perfectly weighted pass gave Parry the chance to tuck the ball past the keeper.
Hay now did most of the attacking but were impatient with their finishing and did not trouble visiting keeper Adam Wright. The one real threat on goal was a cross come shot from Hay's Mike Havard which Wright caught with his fingertips.
The second goal, after 15 minutes, came from a quick break after a Hay attack. A ball from Parry put Paul Watson beyond the defence 30 yards out. Watson was caught by a defender and brought down in the tackle but, seeing the ball was loose, he rose quickly to his feet and despatched a shot into the corner of the net.
No-one was surprised to see the second half start with Hay determined to score an early goal but the Spa defence and midfield was up to the challenge.
Just before the hour Llandrindod scored their third goal, Pete Horne raced up the right wing, he evaded the first tackle but was floored by the second. However, inspired by shouts from the managers, he got to his feet and coming in along the goal line he perfectly chipped the advancing keeper and Parry bundled the ball into the net.
Hay were still not finished and continued to press for a goal. Their best effort came from Spa defender Rob Saunders who redirected Mike Havards corner towards goal, with the ball looking like it was about to nestle in the top corner Spa keeper Adam Wright somehow managed to palm the ball past his left post with his right hand.
It then appeared to most of the spectators that it was going to be Llandrindod's day and it was. The only downside was a heavy tackle causing Paul Watson to be helped off later in the game with an ankle injury.

Please get in touch if you have any comments or suggestions.